Browse Popular Product Data Management Software
Up-to-date listing of Product Data Management Software to assist you throughout your software selection and purchase journey.
Product Data Management Software
Explore best Product Data Management Software for your business.
Product Data Management Software:
Product Data Management Software is a software that is used to manage product data such as CAD models and manufacturing instructions.
The software can be used by manufacturing companies to control product data from design to production. Product data management (PDM) is the business function often within product lifecycle management (PLM) that is responsible for the management and publication of product data which is known as version control in software engineering.
Types of Product Data Management Software:
- Autodesk Vault
- Siemens Teamcenter
- PTC Windchill
- Dassault Systèmes ENOVIA
- SAP PLM
- Oracle Agile PLM
- Siemens NX
- SolidWorks PDM
- Arena PLM
- Autodesk Fusion Lifecycle
Uses of Product Data Management Software:
- Organize and centralize product data
- Provide version control
- Facilitate collaboration and communication
- Ensure regulatory compliance
- Improve product development process
- Manage product lifecycle
- Enable change management
- Enhance supply chain management
- Reduce costs
- Improve product quality.
Features and Benefits of Product Data Management Software:
The Product Data Management Software has several features that can benefit the user in many ways to grow their business. Some of these include:
- Designers can create the initial specifications of a new product and production managers can follow manufacturing instructions.
- The Product Data Management Software can be delivered separately or as a part of a PLM software solution
- A single repository for all types of product data can be delivered.
- Various kinds of data such as 3D models or digital content can be managed.
- Data ownership, version control, and release status can be tracked.
- Technical specifications can be created to manufacture and maintain products.
- A full audit trail of all changes made to product information can be provided.
- Collaboration between internal and external teams can be facilitated.
- Time can be saved and engineering efficiency can be maximized.
- Design data and engineering processes can be managed in one central location.
- PDM software can be used by engineering teams to organize product-related information, track revisions, collaborate, manage change orders, generate Bills of Materials (BOMs), and more.
- Engineers can save time and avoid mistakes with a single source for project data.
- Direct CAD integration, fast data searching, easily file replacement and reuse, and safe simultaneous access to data can be experienced.
- 2D or 3D views of your work can be shared even with those outside your company's firewall and comments and feedback can be provided directly inside your product.
- Automated engineering change order, revision control, BOM management, and more can be provided. Engineering processes can be kept under control with PDM software.
- Existing design data can be leveraged. You can easily access and configure files you want to replace, reuse, or copy to use in new designs.
- Better designs can be created, errors can be reduced, and a more efficient development cycle can be build with various features provided by the software.
- It can be ensured that all stakeholders share a common understanding, confusion during the execution of the processes is minimized, and the highest standards of quality controls are maintained
- Control of your valuable design files can be taken with PDM. Your data can be kept in sync in real time with direct CAD-integration.
- As the revision history can be automatically captured on documents as you work, you will never lose track of changes.
- Design data can be integrated with systems like MRPs and ERPs.
- Data security can be strenthen by controlling access with permissions for version control and retrieval.
- Engineering change orders (ECOs) can be easily managed with a workflows that help automate the process.
- Product development productivity can be increased by simplifying data management workflows and expanding access for suppliers and extended teams.
- Data can be managed anytime, anywhere. You can keep your product related information in sync across multiple site as it allow for scalable, seamless global replication. You can also collaborate externally with 2D or 3D views of your work that others can comment on directly inside your product.
- The software manages data and processes with the cloud for collaboration with outside customers and partners.
- Engineering knowledge can be discovered how to capture and reused with fewer complications and better results.
- You can stay up-to-date on the latest Vault updates, tips, and tricks.