Browse Popular Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Software
Up-to-date listing of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Software to assist you throughout your software selection and purchase journey.
Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Software:
Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Software is a software that is used to support the operations of a modern laboratory.
Workflow and data tracking support, flexible architecture, and data exchange interfaces are some of the key features of the software which completely support its use in regulated environments. Simple sample tracking to an enterprise resource planning tool can be provided to manage multiple aspects of laboratory informatics. As the requirements of laboratory are rapidly evolving and different labs often have different needs, LIMSs are dynamic.
Functionality of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Software:
The functionality of LIMS software can be divided into five laboratory processing phases, with many software functions falling under each. These include:
- The log in and reception of a sample and its associated customer data.
- Assigning, scheduling, and tracking of the sample and the associated analytical workload.
- The processing and quality control associated with the sample and the equipment and inventory that is utilized.
- The storage of data associated with the sample analysis.
- The inspection, compilation and approval of the sample data used for reporting and analysis.
Features and Benefits of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Software:
The Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Software has several features that can benefit the user in many ways to grow their business. Some of these include:
- An audit trail can be completely tracked and maintained.
- One or more data points can be assigned to a barcode format by barcode handling. Information can be read and extracted from a barcode.
- Roles and groups can be assigned that dictate access to specific data records and who is managing them.
- Regulatory standards can be followed that affect the laboratory.
- The demographic information and communications can be handled for associated clients to improve customer relationship.
- Data can be processed and converted to certain formats as well as can be managed how documents are distributed and accessed.
- Important maintenance and calibration of lab instruments can be scheduled and detailed records of such activities can be kept.
- Inventories of vital supplies and laboratory equipment can be measured and recorded.
- Fast and reliable interfaces can be provided for data to be entered by a human or electronic component.
- A single location can be provided for all laboratory process and procedure and methodology to be housed and managed as well as connecting each sample handling step with current instructions for performing the operation.
- Work schedules, workload assignments, employee demographic information, training, and financial information can be organized.
- Sample quality, data entry standards, and workflow can be gauged and controlled.
- Reports can be created and scheduled in a specific format; schedule and distribute reports to designated parties.
- Processing and handling times can be calculated and maintained on chemical reactions, workflows, and more.
- Audit trail and/or chain of custody of a sample can be shown.
- A sample, a batch of samples, or a lot of batches can be tracked through its lifecycle.
- Instrument utilization, injection throughput and service data can be seamlessly collected from laboratory instruments across the enterprise, quickly turning data into insights.
- Utilization and injection throughput data can be securely captured from across the organization and correlated with instrument downtime, service activity, age, analytical method use, and lab criticality.
- Scalable cloud-based architecture with encrypted communication supports data capture can be provided without the need for software installed on target instrument systems.
- an array of visually-enhanced, multidimensional reports with easy-to-understand metrics can be provided by the help of user-friendly interactive dashboard.
- Optimized resources, workloads and inventory lifecycles can be supported by 360° performance view.
- Documentation can be streamlined, manual errors can be prevented which will lead to improved efficiencies and reduced costs.